News + Info
“The Latest Developments in PMI Tools ( Hand held XRF analyzers) and Applications” by Brian Wilson at the 2017 API Tanks, Valves, and Piping Conference & Expo.
The Latest Developments in PMI Tools and Applications
- Analysis of microalloying elements in high strength low alloy steels
- Measuring residual element (RE) content in carbon steels
- Low level silicon detection in steel piping to predict sulfidation corrosion
- Calculating equivalency factor (EQF) using pseudo elements
- Application demonstration
“The Material Verification of New Construction and Vintage Pipeline Projects” by Brian Wilson at the Pipeline & Energy Expo.
- Inform Pipeline Quality Manager & QA/QC Dept how to “Trust but Verify” MTR’s by checking the material chemistry with handheld x-ray fluorescence.
- API 578 certification – material verification program
- PHMSA Advisory Bulletin ABD-09-01
- Hazardous Liquids Inspection Verification Process (HL IVP)
- XRF theory and operations
- Carbon Equivalency